10 on 10: February – Flowers for Love

For this month’s 10 on 10 post, I decided to photograph flowers. I was feeling a bit low on Sunday and went a little crazy cheering myself with flowers, plus, with this Friday being Valentine’ Day, I thought the timing was fitting.

blogblogPinkTulips-1490PS3flowerchild

Ideally, I knew that I would make images with my purchase of pink tulips, red ranunculus, a red gerbera daisy, and hydrangea. Creating always takes me out of my funk, bringing me straight into the moment.

blogWhiteFlower-1363PS2

blogPinkTulips-1596PS1web

blogTulip-1570PS1
blopinktulips-1512PS1

I am thoughtful and careful in my styling, just as I am in my people portrait shoots, and I had no idea how exhausting it can be! I was on my belly a lot, changed lenses a lot and tried many different vases and positioning, all the while making sure the natural light was sufficiently bounced back onto them with a reflector or foam board. All in all, it was a full-on shoot.

blogwebredranunculus-1764PS2

blogred-ranunculus-1913PS1

I enjoyed it tremendously though, and had been wanting so much to experiment more with textures and some of my photoshop skills to create these images.

blogredflower-1262PS2

Because my Mom was on my mind the entire time I worked with these flowers, I am dedicating all these photos to her. I see how much of who I am came from her. She is the one who taught me about style, creativity and about beauty. These things have always been so important to her in the way she cooks, wraps presents, quilts, dresses, you name it! The petal doesn’t fall far from the flower! Because she doesn’t live close to me, this is my way of sending her flowers — flowers that will last forever! Big love to Mom!

blogredranunculusHeart-1840PS3

And just in case anyone reading isn’t familiar with the 10 on 10 project, there are 10ish of us women who take 10 photos on the 10th of each month. We post them, with a link to the next woman in the circle, and we gain inspiration from each other, while at the same time, many who wouldn’t normally get to see each person’s work now will get to through the sharing we do!

blogHydrangea-1629PS1

Please follow around the circle and get acquainted with some amazing photographers, starting with Kristina.

small10on10logo

This entry was posted in Blog, Nature, Photography and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

14 Comments

1. Posted February 15, 2014 at 4:50 pm by Kristina Rust | Permalink

I would like prints of all of these! They are absolutely gorgeous. I also have a very creative mom who shares many of the same passions as yours and I’m sure your mom will love this tribute.

• Posted February 15, 2014 at 8:59 pm by Kim | Permalink

Awww…thanks, Kristina. Yes, I can see that your Mom is little miss creativity and style in the bedroom she decorated! :)

2. Posted February 15, 2014 at 6:16 pm by Kathleen | Permalink

These are so gorgeous Kim. Your vision and styling are enchanting – I am completely in awe. I love them all but feel especially drawn to the deep red in the close-up shot. xoxo Bravo!

• Posted February 15, 2014 at 9:00 pm by Kim | Permalink

Hi Kath! I love your words..thank you. I posted that shot at the last minute so I’m glad you like it! Love you a latte!

3. Posted February 16, 2014 at 12:28 am by glenda | Permalink

Wow!! So beautiful!!!! I love them all but my favorite is the heart shaped flower vine. I would have that over my fireplace for February…I

• Posted February 16, 2014 at 6:46 am by Kim | Permalink

Thank you so much, Glenda!

4. Posted February 16, 2014 at 5:37 am by Connie Hanks | Permalink

WOW Kim! You really do make art, girlfriend! LOVE your styling, your eye, the details, the textures… all of it is the perfect recipe… so yummy! Bravo, my dear!! xoxo

• Posted February 16, 2014 at 6:26 am by Kim | Permalink

Awww…thanks, Connie! I really enjoyed making these! xoxox

5. Posted February 16, 2014 at 3:06 pm by obrien_suzanne@yahoo | Permalink

Gorgeous Kim! I so appreciate your attention to detail and can tell how much love and energy went into capturing these beautiful shots. I too, feel so fortunate to have learned some of the skills you mention from my amazing mom, what a treasure for yours. There are too many favorites to call out just one :) Way to take the time to create!

• Posted February 17, 2014 at 7:24 pm by Kim | Permalink

Thank you so much, Suzanne. I guess many of us are blessed to have such creative Moms!

6. Posted February 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm by Loni Judisch | Permalink

Kim, What pretty photos! I’m not sure you could have done them any better.. The composition, color and texture…they are perfection!

• Posted February 20, 2014 at 9:08 pm by Kim | Permalink

Thank you so much, Loni!

7. Posted February 24, 2014 at 5:51 pm by Michelle Kirnan | Permalink

These are so, so beautiful, Kim! They each look like paintings! <3

• Posted March 10, 2014 at 11:09 pm by Kim | Permalink

Thank you, Michelle! Not sure how I missed this before! :)

One Trackback

1. […] on over to the lovely Kim Bajorek’s site to see what she was up to in souther California on the […]