10 on 10: March – A Little Bit of Me and iPhoneography

I recently came up against one of those creative road blocks, and for a week, couldn’t decide what I would do for this month’s 10 on 10. I thought about photographing my day, but my day consists of a lot of sitting at my computer — editing, and I didn’t think that would appeal to anyone. It certainly didn’t appeal to me.

I actually went to the beach one day and got sand, brought it home, and photographed shells. I thought I would pretty them up with textures, etc., but I wasn’t feeling it at all. I had already committed to 10 on 10, and now it was the 11th..yipes!

Then…I stumbled upon Susan Tuttle somehow. I think because I’d heard her name twice in one week, I figured I’d better look her up. I immediately fell in love her iPhone photos…the textures and effects she used–they were so artful! She offered an on-line class on iPhoneography, and it was half-price at the moment, so I jumped in. In one afternoon, I stuffed a lot of learning down my throat, and with little time to find things to shoot, I decided I’d follow her lead and photograph me. Nothing too exciting, but with blurring and lighting effects, I thought, why not?

webredtutuiphone-55

These are 10 images that I created off the cuff. I thank 10 on 10 and our circle of women for inspiring me to participate–to get out my camera (or iphone) and shoot, when I may get too trapped in my editing work, and encouraging me to simply create.

webwhiteoutiphone-61

The hardest part was taking photos hands free! I used a timer app, but still, I had to lean my phone up against things, stack up books so it would be high enough, and then it was a lot of trial and error…a lot!

webupsidedownIphone-58

webiphonecameraphoto-57
webiphoneportraitiphonephoto-56

kimsideiphoneweb2014-03-12 20.09.25

kimsfeetiphoneforWeb2014-03-12 18.51.18

newwebbackiphone-62
kimshadowiphoneweb2014-03-12 19.51.05

webflowershandsiphonephoto-59 copy

I look forward to creating much more iPhone art with the tools I now have and more that I’ve yet to learn. Please follow around our circle of women, starting with the lovely Suzanne O’Brien.

This entry was posted in 10 on 10, Blog, Inspiration, iPhoneography, Photography and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

14 Comments

1. Posted March 15, 2014 at 1:34 pm by Micah Hewett | Permalink

I have not words.

I just want to frame these and put them in an art show.

Wow.

Stunning.

• Posted March 16, 2014 at 12:18 am by Kim | Permalink

That means so much to me, Michah. Thank you so much for your sweet words! :)

2. Posted March 15, 2014 at 3:00 pm by Kristina Rust | Permalink

WOW! Love these images. SO creative and cool. I will definitely check out Susan Tuttle work too.

• Posted March 16, 2014 at 12:18 am by Kim | Permalink

Thanks so much, Kristina! Yes, do check her out!

3. Posted March 15, 2014 at 5:00 pm by Kathleen | Permalink

These are stunning Kim – I love your face framed with your hand, your eyes are so beautiful! Love, love. love you

• Posted March 16, 2014 at 12:17 am by Kim | Permalink

Thanks so much, Kath! I was actually holding a starfish, but it’s so blown out that it’s hard to tell. Trial and error!! Love, love, lov e you too!

4. Posted March 15, 2014 at 9:24 pm by Laura Bastien | Permalink

Wow! Who ever would have thought that such gorgeous and artful images could be taken on an a phone! Truly beautiful images, Kim!

• Posted March 16, 2014 at 12:17 am by Kim | Permalink

Thank you so much, Laura! I think I will be doing much more of these in the near future! :)

5. Posted March 16, 2014 at 5:32 am by obrien_suzanne@yahoo | Permalink

Um, wow. These are stunning and so brave, I truly admire the self-portraits. Thanks for sharing the backstory behind these beauties, makes them even more special that you pushed yourself to create when you maybe weren’t quite feeling it. Such an inspiration!

• Posted March 17, 2014 at 2:45 am by Kim | Permalink

Thank you, Suzanne. Self portraiture is difficult for me, but getting easier each time! It’s a great exercise!

6. Posted March 16, 2014 at 6:15 am by Connie Hanks | Permalink

You are amazing, my dear, beautiful, inspiring and talented friend! So glad you pushed yourself to create these beauties! You stretched and it paid off, without a doubt. Love, love, love! The mood and range of these really makes me want to linger… Love ya! xoxo

• Posted March 17, 2014 at 2:44 am by Kim | Permalink

Thanks, sweet Connie! Love ya too! xoxox

7. Posted March 16, 2014 at 5:56 pm by kim | Permalink

They turned out great! I love the textured effect. Some look like paint. I found them very interesting. I love that you were able to use your phone to create them. I don’t have one but, I love the idea.

One Trackback

1. […] thinking about coffee, grab a cup and be sure to click through our blog circle and next check out Kim Bajorkek Photography’s beautiful […]