10 on 10: April – Lily in the Fields

Lily4884PanoPS3finwebblog

In the search for a new location for a family photo shoot this Friday, I decided to check out this spot of trees and wild flowers, about 10 miles from my house, right off the freeway. This is the time of year that I take advantage of the short time that the wild flowers are bright and colorful before the heat of the San Diego sun dries them out.

Lily, my favorite muse, came with me and wanted some new photos too, so when we arrived and saw that we had this place all to ourselves, we were ecstatic! I had to avoid the angles with all the zooming cars coming off the freeway, but that was definitely easy enough in this expansive space.

I love working with Lily. She is so willing to sit or lie down on the raw earth,even with the possibility of bugs and bees, and she often throws in her ideas which are always in sync with what I like too. Here are some of my favorites from that day.

LilyFlowerField-4956PS3webblog

LilyFlowerField-4908PS4webBlog

LilyFlowerField-4421PS1WebBlog

LilyFlowerField-4505PS4WebBlog

LilyFlowerField-4540PS2WebBlog

LilyFlowerField-4607PS2webblog

LilyFlowerField-4982ps1webblog

LilyFlowerField-5000PS2curveswebblog

I enjoyed playing with different styles, and even bringing out the light, for more of a ‘senior portrait’ shot of Lily.

LilyFlowerField-4823PS2webBlog

Please take a look at the work of those in our 10 on 10 circle starting with the images of Michelle Kirnan and follow around our talented circle of women. It seems some of the links are not working…my apologies…I’m sure they will be fixed soon!

This entry was posted in 10 on 10, Blog, Nature, Photography and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

15 Comments

1. Posted April 15, 2014 at 8:20 pm by Megan | Permalink

These are just gorgeous Kim! I love your processing!

2. Posted April 15, 2014 at 8:28 pm by Kim | Permalink

Thank you so much, Megan! :)

3. Posted April 16, 2014 at 1:52 am by Greg H. | Permalink

All (all) are stunningly beautiful… but for me #4 just lingers with the longest smile on my lips… wonderful work!

4. Posted April 16, 2014 at 2:50 am by glenda | Permalink

uhhhhhh gorgeousnesssssss….i love the sunflare shot!!!

5. Posted April 16, 2014 at 3:23 am by Sarah | Permalink

So gorgeous!!! I love all of them! You are so talented Kim!!!!

• Posted April 16, 2014 at 4:15 am by Kim | Permalink

Thank you, sweet Sarah! Love you!

6. Posted April 16, 2014 at 2:28 pm by Kathleen | Permalink

Stunning work Kim. You two are a dynamic duo of beauty. Love the location too!

• Posted April 16, 2014 at 5:30 pm by Kim | Permalink

Thank you so much, Kath! Love you!

7. Posted April 16, 2014 at 9:36 pm by Connie Hanks | Permalink

Gorgeous shots, my friend! I too love the sun flare… stunning! You’re so lucky to have Lily as your muse!

• Posted April 17, 2014 at 5:09 am by Kim | Permalink

Thanks so much, dear Connie! And thanks for being so active in your part in making this month’s 10 on 10 run a little bit smoother. You rock!

8. Posted April 16, 2014 at 9:42 pm by Loni Judisch | Permalink

The subject and location are perfect, beautiful images!

9. Posted April 23, 2014 at 8:38 pm by Michelle Kirnan | Permalink

Wow! What a gorgeous session! I have to say that I agree with the consensus…the sun flare shot is my fave, too. Not just because of the flare. I love the pose and everything about the image! <3